Monday, April 28, 2014

Strawberry Bruschetta


I'm so excited for summer! Biting into strawberries takes me away to summertime . The colors, the flavors, oh, they are so delicious! I also love bruschetta! I make it often and have about 4 different recipes that I cycle through. This one is perfect for a spring day because it's so refreshing and sweet. It's like taking a bite right out of summer!

1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
1 French baguette
4 oz spreadable Swiss cheese
Olive oil, about 1 Tbsp or to taste
Balsamic Vinegar, about 1 Tbsp or to taste


We'll start this dish by dicing the strawberries. Don't they look delicious!
Next, sprinkle some sugar on top if using. I've made this many times without sugar, it tastes just as yummy if your strawberries are ripe and juicy. But today I felt like adding some sugar. 
Give the strawberries a good stir. Then let them soak in their own juices for about 30 minutes. You can work on the rest of the bruschetta while they are soaking up the sugar.
Now you need a baguette. Have you seen these at Target? I love them! You buy them and bake them at home so you have nice warm bread! You can also freeze them and then pop them right in the oven! Fresh bread! Maybe they've been around forever but I just discovered them. When they go on sale I buy a few and put them in the freezer. So anyway, take your bread (bake if you need to) and cut it on a bias, or diagonally.

It should look something like this. 
Do this for all the bread until you have something like this. You cut it on a bias so you have to most surface area on the bread for the bruschetta, plus it looks little nicer.


Next you need some spreadable Swiss cheese. I like this one but feel free to try a different brand.

You only need about 4oz of the cheese and this one is 6 oz so just use about 6 slices. 
Spread it on the bread, like so.


Do this for all of the bread.

Now scoop the strawberries onto the bread

This is how I store my Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. I use olive oil in almost every recipe so having it in this makes it simple to pour. These cost about $2

Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over all your bruschetta pieces. You can use as much or little as you like. I love vinegar so I tend to you more.

And there you have it, easy strawberry bruschetta!

So good! Enjoy!

Right click words below, save then print.


2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and it is! Let me know what you think when you try it!

      Delete