Saturday, May 3, 2014

Garlic Grilled Tomatoes


It's almost spring time here in Wisconsin but if you're farther to the south it maybe time to start grilling! That's why I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite recipes for the grill. It's still a little cold here for an outside grill so I used a George Foreman grill in my kitchen. Using a 'real' grill makes these taste spectacular so be sure to try it at your next cook out! 

Recipe adapted from Steven Raichlen the BBQ King
5 Roma tomatoes
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
5 cloves garlic, minced (2 1/2 tsp)
1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
1 tsp Thyme

I'm first going to say that you can play around with the ingredients, adding a little more or little less to suit your tastes. I usually don't measure when I make this recipe but I did the last time so I could give you an idea. 
First grab your tomatoes


Cut them in half and trim off the tops. Start your grill so it's nice and warmed up. For my George Foreman grill I turned it on 450.

Next pour your olive oil into a sauce pan over medium heat and let it heat up. Once it's warm add the garlic. I love garlic. Good for the heart, bad for the breath ha ha 

Next add the thyme. Heat until it is warmed, about 2 or 3 minutes.

 Next add Parmesan and cook an additional 2 minutes or so. Turn on low and let it simmer. Keep stirring occasionally while grilling the tomatoes.

While the Parmesan garlic mixture is simmering, put the tomatoes face down on the grill, brushing the grill with olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill for a few minutes until they are warmed. If using an outdoor grill, cook until you get grill marks.

Next turn them over and warm the back side for a few minutes. 

Then simply spoon the Parmesan garlic mixture onto the tomatoes

These taste the best right off the grill while they are still warm
Enjoy!

Right click below, save, print




2 comments:

  1. Can you like be my next door neighbor and we'll share recipes and eat to our hearts content? This looks delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome and so much fun :) Your food is always yummy and looks so cute too!

      Delete