Wednesday, May 28, 2014

To Die For Blueberry Muffins


I know I always say I'm not a baker and then I bake! But I love these blueberry muffins. They were one of the first things I learned how to cook. They are so simple and so tasty you can't go wrong! I first made them for a bachelorette brunch 3 years ago and I got rave reviews. I just sent a batch with my husband to take to work and he said I needed to make more next time because they went so fast! 

Makes 8 Muffins:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
about 1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (about 1/2 pint)

Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Put muffin liners in (or grease) 8 muffin cups. 

Put the 1 1/2 cups of flour, 3/4 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder in a bowl and combine well.

Next, take the 1/3 cup of vegetable oil and pour it into a 1 cup measuring cup.

Next, crack your egg and pour it into the measuring cup with the vegetable oil. 

Then take the milk and fill the measuring cup the rest of the way until it's full. It's about 1/3 a cup of milk if you don't want to measure this way, I just think it tastes better.

Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture

Stir until combine

Pour in your blueberries

Stir really well until combine

Pour the muffin mixture into the muffin tins

Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

These are to die for!



2 comments: